Wednesday, August 7, 2013

June 24, 2013

June 24, 2013

Well another week in the mission field I am now done with training and guess what?! I am getting transferred to a new area! It was crazy because they just tell you that you are leaving on Friday and then you say by to people and pack and then you find out Tuesday morning in the Mission Office where you are going and who you new companion is. It is pretty crazy and so now I am frantically packing all my stuff up and getting ready to leave this place and take myself to a new place to Hasten the Work in that area!

I DID IT!
Well I hope that all of you were able to watch the Broadcast last night. Because it was pretty much just a mini General Conference all about MISSIONARY WORK! I was so excited when I heard that we were able to watch it because I think that we all should have been edified by the words that were spoken and the stories that were shared by our beloved leaders in this Great and Marvelous Gospel. If I could share a short story with you that as I watched the broadcast last night I was reminded of. I have been wondering how can I love the people I meet when I do not even know them. I meet so many people on the street everyday and I have been having a really hard time understanding or maybe in some cases seeing these people as someone that can be baptized in our Church. But last night as they said that the way to get people to be able to receive the Gospel is that we must love our neighbors and for me everyone that I meet. As we have thinking of ways to find new people in our area my companion thought of his talent with the piano and that we could play a song for members for the lessons and then after they feel the Spirit then we would ask them "who do you know that you want to feel that same Spirit that you just felt?" The answers were great and even though none were for the Spanish Elders we started that process in the minds of the members of this ward to be creative with how they approach people about the Gospel. Then during one of our lessons with a member I decided that I needed to help this cause and to be more creative with how I can find people. And during that lesson as he was playing the piano I thought of Spray Painting and how many people will watch these people do it in Vegas and New York City and how I can even though it is not the most religious thing. I could share my talent with people and as they would come up to me and watch it my companion and the other Elders would talk to them and try and teach them a lesson and get their information. The results were amazing! We had found a way to get the younger generation involved with talking to us and starting conversations with us about our Church! The spray painting idea brought people from all sorts of ages to come and marvel in my God given talent which I am so grateful for. We were able to hand out Books of Mormon and also teach people about the Restoration. I can only say that I am so very grateful for this talent that I have and I am so excited to share it with the WORLD as I am now getting transferred.

Well I will for sure let you all know next week where I am getting transferred to and any other insights into how we can all be effective missionaries. Till next time. Nos Vemos.

Paz Elder Marse



No comments:

Post a Comment