Wednesday, August 7, 2013

June 10, 2013

June 10, 2013
Hola!

I am so grateful for this opportunity to be here and to really change everyday to be a stronger servant of the Lord. I have been able to study more in depth the concept of being teachable. I have known my whole life that I am kind of a stubborn person when it comes to someone my age trying to teach me. But as I am finishing my training I am coming to realize that the Lord has out a helping hand into my life and has brought a confidence in my heart and mind that I have never felt before. I can't imagine having a different trainer than Elder Mason and I wanted to let you know that he is a amazing trainer he truly makes sure that he personalizes the training so that you get the most out of it that he thinks you can. I know that when we ask Heavenly Father in sincere prayer to help us with our weaknesses that He will help us but maybe not in the way that we think He is going to or with as much boldness in our daily lives but when you look back over that time from whence you started that plea with the Lord for your help than you can truly be so grateful for the miracle that He has bestowed on you.

We were able to drive down to Delaware yesterday and listen to Elder Rasban the President of the Seventy give a talk to all our missionaries in our mission. It was amazing and I wanted to touch something that could maybe help you in your efforts to be a missionary. Because as he said yesterday that in 3 months there will be 85,000 missionaries in the field and to think that we can not do it all we need the help of members.

I wanted to just mention something that has been on my mind since the meeting yesterday with Elder Rasban. When we were talking about members there was a lot that was a lot that was going through my mind but there was one thing that stuck out more than ever. This question popped into my mind, "how would a member act if a General Authority came over to their house for dinner?" Would the member think that they can have a casual conversation with this person or would that know that this person is called by God and that they must respect them? When we are invited over to someones house is it for the sole purpose to eat dinner? Or is it for the purpose to invite others to come unto Christ? It seems a very big problem for members to be casual around missionaries at dinner appointments. But are we not the same as a General Authority? We are set apart for this time to Preach His Gospel. As Elder Holland says, "we are apostles with a little a." We need to make sure that members understand our purpose and why we are there we CAN NOT be casual. Being casual drives away the Spirit and does not benefit us or our area with inviting others to come unto Christ. May we take the words from Elder Holland in a more serious matter that we truly are "apostles with a little a." We need to act like that and put forth our efforts to make sure members respect us as if we were an Apostle walking into their house.

I know that this may be written as a missionary and from my stand point but I want to stress that as you invite the missionaries over for dinner or for anything (which I recommend you do if you have not recently) you make sure that you speak about the work ask about their investigators and what you can do to help them with the work.

By the way if you want to see pictures of me you can look at my companions facebook. Elder Joshua Mason in about 3 weeks I will have a Facebook to so than you can look on that to look at some updates. Or Elder Adam Sorge and Elder Kaydon Stubbs they have some pictures of me on there.

Con Amor Elder Marse

By the way we have TWO baptisms next week! Sophia on the 22nd and Jorge on the 23rd! I attached a picture of Jorge and and me and Elder Mason.

No comments:

Post a Comment