Wednesday, August 7, 2013

July 8, 2013

July 8, 2013

There is this thing here called First Friday and everywhere pretty much here every First Friday in the Summer they have something special going on it is super weird and out here in Kennett Square it was not that interesting. But ya Kennett Square is doing great we just had the confirmation of two of our investigators and we have a baptism in two weeks! We are so excited! My Spanish is doing great I finally understand the Mexican accent which is super nice now. By the way there has been no rain the past couple of days until today it started to rain which is nice because I can not stand the hot humid days that we have been having. And when I say hot humid days I mean HOT HUMID DAYS. We pray before we leave the house always and now me and my companion just start to drip sweat. But luckily we have a A/C Unit in our bedroom. So ya it still smells like mushrooms everyday so that is always a pleasant smell.

Elder Jorgensen and I are doing amazing in West Chester Spanish. We are finding that our Spanish is getting better and better with everyday because we are so new with it and we just know that we mess up and that messing up will happen and that we need to learn from our mistakes so that we can become the missionaries that we have set goals to become. We have been doing great as we have been helping the Sisters out in our district with any problems they have with their areas and trying to motivate them so that we can become a district that you can trust fully. I have been thinking about something this past week very much and was able to talk to Elder Larson the assistant about it and he gave me some powerful but simple advice that I feel like I could have thought of but sometimes it just takes someone to say it to you. But what he said will ring in my ears for my whole mission. His answer to my question "how can I become the best junior companion that I can be?" He replied with, "Serve your companion." Something that I have probably heard time after time had never pierced my thought as much as this reply did. I thought about it again and again and pondered about it and as I started the New Testament this week it clicked. Elder Larson maybe did not realize this but he had taught me his fellow missionary by the Spirit and I can not thank him enough. In Matthew the common factor that sticks out to me is that Jesus Christ himself served more than anyone else. He never stopped serving from healing the sick to making the lame walk and to suffering in the Garden for us. To me this is what Elder Larson wanted me to understand is that I must be like Christ if I want to be the best companion I can be. Serve the everyone Charity is an aspect that we must all learn and that we need in our lives.
I also had the opportunity to teach with my companion our Gospel Principles class in Spanish about Charity. I have a new outlook on how important Charity is in our daily lives and the blessings that we get to receive from them are enormous and indescribable! We must look for opportunities to find people to serve when we do this we are becoming like Christ and God will see our desires in our hearts that we want to build His Kingdom more and more everyday. I love Charity and am so blessed to be able to be serving a mission. I know that Charity is an attribute of Christ and that as we reflect Christ we will be able to more fully understand what He did for us.

Elder Marse

No comments:

Post a Comment