Wednesday, August 7, 2013

July 2, 2013

July 2, 2013
Hola!
Man the new area is sick! I got moved to an area that is called West Chester and we only cover 1 ward out here always. But it is super funny because my last area did not have that many spanish people but when I came here we live in the city called Kennett Square and it is 50% hispanic! We just walk on the streets and contact people. It is raining like crazy here and is going to rain for the rest of this week so the weather says. But ya man it is pretty sweet me and my companion have been out for the same time it's pretty funny and he is from Taylorsville and we played soccer against each other in High School! We are in a Sistric which means that me and my companion are the only two elders with 4 other sisters in my district. It's pretty crazy I would say myself.

We had an experience yesterday that taught me a very important lesson on the mission it was actually with a investigator that has a baptismal date and we were going to stop by her house so that we could teach her. But as we got there and knocked the door the daughter came out and told us she was not home which we were sad about but then she said that her dad had moved here from California and he was in the house. We then just kept talking for awhile and just asked her some simple questions but then I was prompted to ask if we could go in and meet her dad. So I did so and since I am new to the area my companion said I have never met the dad. I said perfect lets go meet him. So we went in and sat down with him. He is a very nice and humble man from Mexico as we were talking some how we started to talk about the Restoration and our church and by the end we invited him to be baptized and he accepted! It was a miracle and it taught me a very important lesson that is when you plan by the spirit the night before than there is a reason why you are going to go there and to that area and that you should not just leave once your plan does not work pray and listen to the spirit to be guided by Him.
I do have a Facebook now my name is "Elder Kenneth Marse" but I will tell you that you can not add me as a friend sorry. My Facebook is primarily for the missionary work. But I will be posting pictures and other things on there. You can follow me so we are not friends but you will see all the things that I have.
I have also learned down here that eating with utensils is pretty much the most gringo thing that you can do! So we eat with our hands, WE EAT EVERYTHING WITH OUR HANDS. It's actually pretty fun.
If you want to send me a letter you can send it to my new address which is:
321 Marshall Street Apt A
Kennett Square, PA 19348
Con Amor Elder Marse

No comments:

Post a Comment