Wednesday, August 7, 2013

June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013

Hola!

Just another day in the great state of Pennsylvania! I have been doing great and we just had two baptisms yesterday for the English Elders in our ward. It was super funny because one has never gone under water in his whole life so we had to do his baptism 9 times till we did it right it was amazing! I did get sick again because I ate to much food at a buffet that a member took us to. But I am all good now. The area is booming we have another baptism date for August. And we are finding so many more people it is awesome. I really don't want to leave this area except for that the Spanish members (Except for the Rollins) do not think that I can speak or understand Spanish and just say that they want my companion to stay instead of me. So that is kinda hard to accept but I am working on it. We also have one investigator that does not want me to pray in the appointments because I do not have good Spanish so she always asks my companion to pray instead. Which she doesn't know how go my Spanish is because when I try to speak she cuts me off. But I just keep on praying that I will be able to understand and speak more and I know that I have been blessed with the Gift of Tongues because I understand a ton! And I am starting to read in Spanish and we are teaching English to Spanish people as a second language and I am learning a ton in every appointment. So I am not worried just trying to work on not worrying what people think about my Spanish.

By the way update on Baptisms we are still having one baptism this week on Saturday! Her name is Sophia and she is 12 years old. Jorge is not prepared to be baptized and so we moved his date back to July 7. It was sad but oh well I want him to be prepared. But Sophia is super prepared and asked me to perform the baptism. She says that she wants me to do it because she looks up to me like I am her older brother. So that makes me feel good. So I am very excited because this is the last week of the transfer so who knows who is going to leave. But we both get to see at least one of our investigators be baptized!


I wanted to just touch on something that Preach My Gospel says that when we are teaching or we are the students that in the lesson everyone needs to be edified. I looked at this passage the other day and gave thought to it. Why does the teacher need to be edified if he is the one teaching. I think that we can take a look at the best student that we have ever heard of. That person is Jesus Christ. Even though He is the Son of God and is perfect I think that we need to realize that He even Jesus Christ was a student to our Heavenly Father. Heavenly Father taught Him of all the things that he must do and of all the things that He must know. I can not even begin to imagine to describe the edifying moments that went on between Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. But I can imagine that as we are striving to follow His example that we must look into the possibility of everyone being edified in a lesson if it is with and investigator, member, or even at church we need to pray to be edified.

I just wanted to thank you for your support in this work and am so grateful for this opportunity! Stay strong and make sure you study the scriptures everyday. Because if you don't then you are turning off one of the ways that God can communicate with you.

Con Amor
Elder Marse

No comments:

Post a Comment