Wednesday, August 7, 2013

July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013
Hey Everyone!
Well everything here is going pretty good and we are just trying not to die out here with all of the random weather here. One day we have pouring rain all day and it feels great. Next day we have just a burning hot humid day which they are no fun you can not do anything with out dripping sweat. Then the next day we have just a cloudy day maybe with a little lighting it is pretty weird and I think my body does not like it because I have been getting a little sick and my migraines are going crazy so now I have to go to the doctor and I am not allowed to drive until I get cleared. But I hope that it is not to bad the Nurse lady in our ward thinks that I either have mini seizures or that I might have narcolepsy because I conked out while driving the other day. But then this other nurse lady says I might have epilepsy. I was very worried about what I was going to do or what the doctor was going to say but I have praying a lot lately and I know that my faith is in the right spot. I told Sister Anderson my Presidents wife that I am here spiritually I am growing and I am being converted more and more everyday. But that my body just is not agreeing with my Spirit. But I know that anything is possible.

Matthew 19:26 "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

I wanted to share somethings with you this week that I have been pondering deeply and really trying to apply it to my life. I started to read the New Testament this past week and I am just filled with comfort as I have read the teachings of Jesus Christ to His disciples in parables. And I have been really pondering this parable to about how Jesus Christ was the perfect example of what we should be doing as members of this church and as the work is being hastened what we must do. In Matthew we have the parable of Jesus Christ going into the mountains to find the one lost sheep that strayed away from the heard.

Matthew 18:11 For the Son of Man is come to save that which was lost.
 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
But as I look at that and think about a meeting we had yesterday with our Bishop. I could not help but think that this sheep is in the world today a Less Active Member of The Church. And when I was looking at the baptisms that I have had are all through a less active member in our ward. That lost sheep is who we need to be searching for as missionaries and also as members of this Church of Jesus because I believe that if He was here today that He would be doing that because the are lost. I challenge all of you that if you have friends or family that are less active and try to get them to come back to the Church we need them! More than ever!
Elder Marse

No comments:

Post a Comment