Wednesday, August 7, 2013

July 29, 2013 with picture attached

July 29, 2013
Here in West Chester everything is going great we are seeing a lot of miracles and I am truly seeing the Atonement work in peoples lives and how it literally changes your mind set when you get to see one of your investigators transformed by the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Elder Jorgensen and I are doing good we are trying to work with the ward to help re-activate less active members.  It is awesome because I think that me and Elder Jorgensen are just two peas in a pod. We don't really argue about anything and if there is anything we need to talk about we just say it because we know that is the only way to be able to work in harmony with each other. I am so grateful for this opportunity to be companions with Elder Jorgensen and for me and him to learn together as we both do not have that much experience in the field. I am hoping that at the end of this week I am able to say that I have become a better missionary since the start of this Transfer. I have set goals to make sure and to check how I have changed and what I can improve on for this next Transfer.

This week I wanted to write you about a topic that I think people just look over a lot or don't think that it is very important.

Accountability

Elder Jorgensen and I have had a very interesting lesson that we learned this past week as we witnessed miracles in our area. At the start of this month while we were at Zone Training we were giving accountability for baptismal dates. As we were discussing with each other on what we would say I felt prompted to be honest. We wanted to say one baptism for August. But in reality we had none. Through all the thoughts that were going through my head from what they would think if we said zero. I was comforted to know that as we were honest with our accountability that the Lord would bless us. We agreed and told the Zone Leaders zero for August. Both of us knowing that we would try our hardest to not have that zero stay we started to make necessary plans to change that number. We prayerfully found investigators that could be baptized in that month and started to make specific plans to help them accept a date. For the next two weeks we had no success we could not get any of these investigators to accept a date. But in this last week after not seeing tow of our investigators for one week we stopped by both of their houses without an appointment and were able to extend invitations to baptism in August and they both accepted! They both told us that they know what they need to do and that this is the true Church on the earth today. We even got a new investigator from one who is very interested and came to church with him. I am loving this area so much. The ward is really understanding our urgency for less active work and I know that the Lord is going to help us out so much with reactivating these members!
News on my Spanish. Es muy bien yo puedo entender casi todo que los hispanos dicen. Pero a ves en cuando los dominicanos hablan muy rapido yo no puedo escucharles. Pero asi es estoy tratando cada dia.
My headaches are practically gone. I have been praying a lot about them and how I have the faith to be healed and it was when I was giving a blessing to one of the Sisters in our District I understood how I needed to have faith and that only Jesus Christ could heal me. I am so grateful for this blessing that I have to serve a mission here in Filly. Thank you all so much for your letters they really have helped me know that I have support as I am out here serving the Lord.
By the way the weather out here is nuts! Every once in a while it just wants to down pour for like an hour and we are just walking around. We are now on time number two for having to run a quarter mile to an appointment in the pouring rain. Got to love Kennett Square there is now place like it anywhere else.
NEWS! I have now been given a whole cow tongue that a member is going to teach me how to cook it and make super good tocos del lengua! Also we got a slow cooker from a member who had an extra one that gave us pork chops and a whole chicken! Me and Elder Jorgensen are learning how to cook super well here! We are going to be walking a lot in the next couple days because we don't have anymore miles left on our car but oh well I am going to be super dark! We find out this Friday if one of us is getting transferred. But we are pretty sure I won't and me and Elder Jorgensen don't think he will either but who knows crazy things do happen!
Cuidate Elder Kenneth Marse

By the way I thought that I would take a hardcore picture infront of this arch and send it to you guys! My Zone Leader took it for me. Your welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment