Wednesday, August 7, 2013

July 22, 2013 with picture attached

July 22, 2013
Hola Como Estan Todos?!
Elder Jorgensen and I are doing amazing here in West Chester as we just had a baptism yesterday of Britney. She is amazing and her dad was able to baptize her because he just got the priesthood last week! He is a body builder by the way and could crush my head between hes biceps. I love it so much! You can also here him walking to the door when he comes because there is no basement so you just here like pounding and you know its him. My Spanish is coming along super great! I am learning so much everyday as we just keep on talking to everyone! Update on the migraines I am on medication right now but I just keep going out everyday and working hard. My migraines are not very strong anymore. Also I have to go see a neurologist. I finally found a doctor that is covered under my insurance and He can not see me till August 13th so we will find out then or after. Who knows?! I am right now getting diagnosed with narcolepsy so that is pretty interesting wonder who I got it from?

The 4th of July here was pretty calm I thought it would be crazy but it wasn't but I did see a lot of drunk people so that was funny. But anyways I was walking with a member and my companion around this building on the 4th of July when I hear some music playing. My body took control of all resistance that I gave it and gave into a whole hearted fist pump in the air and a little jig of my hips. That is a lesson I have now learned never to do when you live around a lot of Black People. As I looked up to see where the music was coming from I saw two black ladies on their porch just dancing away. And I instantly realized that one of them had seen me do my little thing. And instantly I knew that this was going to be an interesting walk. She then goes on to say, "MY SON! MY SON!" (In a Philly accent) She then proceeds to walk down here stairs coming over to my companion, me, and a member. She then goes, "come on my son lets dance!" She then grabs my hand and tries to start to spin. I of course say, "sorry mam I can not do this. She then goes to each of us and tries to dance (even the member). She was very drunk and a lot bigger and stronger than me so I could not do much in the fight of resistance. Luckily her ACTUAL son came over and pulled her off of us and took her back across the street.
Another story is we were meeting with one of our Mexican investigators that is 75 years-old and it was so funny because we were seeing how much English he speaks! Well we were very impressed by what he said so here it is.
Fransiscos English:
1) I don't know
2) Hamburgers
3) Pizza
4) I don't speak English
5) I don't understand
6) Hello
7) How are you?
8) I am Barrack Obama
9) Barrack Obama likes my money
I was dying of laughter the whole time and he was laughing to. I just wanted to this time share some more stories because I feel like I have not shared that many yet. Also a Less Active took us out for Sushi last week so here is a picture of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment