Monday, April 15, 2013


March 13, 2013

HOLA!

Hola everyone! This week has been so crazy in all the things I am doing to become the best missionary that I can be. I know that mi madre was confudido sobre la zona o distrito leader. I am in fact the Zone leader over 3 districts and after tonight 4 districts with my companion. This is not easy at all because I have never really asked to be put in leadership roles but some how I keep getting called to them obviously the Lord knows me better than anyone. (of course he does) But everything is going pretty great now. I was having a really rough time this past weekend because I was trying to figure out how I can be a leader and what kind of a leader I am. I know that I am a very passive leader not like my companion Elder Rich who is a more aggressive leader pero yo think it is working out pretty well. We have established our zone goals and have shown them to the districts and they seem to like them so that's good. I love how happy everyone is here I have made a best friend this past week his name is Elder Creer he is from Washington and is in my zone when we went on the temple walk on Sunday we went and took nature pictures around it and did commentary for it. He is so funny and we just can not stop laughing when we are around each other! I know that mi madre was confused about how the e-mails should work and I am fine with only 2 e-mails a week from family 1 from Andi and Ty and 1 from Mom, Dad, Mandi, and Sterling (together). I only have 30 minutes to write back to you on Wednesdays. But this experience is truly the best thing that I could be doing in my life right now and I love it so very much. But I would love letters we always have letter talk at night with my roommates and it's fun to tell stories about our friends. (By the way Becca I was planning on writing you today so hopefully you get it by Saturday!)

I know that people always say that one of the hardest things to do on your mission is to get along with your companions and I know that I have been struggling this past week with it a little bit. Most of the time we are best friends and are always having fun and bringing the spirit so much. But as of late my companion has been just speaking Spanish all the time and does not want to slow down for me so that we can learn together and it is really frustrating because one of my teachers does the same thing. Pero yo se que mi companero es a bien persona. He knows that his heart is in the right spot but just worries about his outward appearance more and more everyday since he wears Hugo Boss or however you say it. He has that suite and he does mention it quite a bit and just talks about his possessions I do not know how to really get it across to him that that's not what we are here for and we are here to serve the Lord and it does not matter what we look like as long as we have the Spirit of God with us and are focused on the right things. But I have talked a little to him and he has been working on it more and more which is great.

We were able to here from Paul V. Johnson (Of the Seventy) last night in the Tuesday night devotional and he said some pretty amazing things that really hit home to me. He spoke on the Will of God and how we need to have humility and submit to His will and by submitting to His will we will be blessed and have miracles happen in our lives. It was nice not to have a devotional stressing sin and making everyone feel so guilty. But I know that submitting in the world is not and easy thing to do and is actually frowned or looked as a weakness in the world today. But in our church we look at it very different we look at submitting the Gods Will as having power over yourself to become humble and realize that you are truly nothing in this world and that there is so much more to experience and that if you completely submit yourself to His will that there is nothing that can stand in your way. Ether 12:27 was one of the scriptures he brought up that I truly love so much because I think it is just one of the most amazing things and to the world it may seem more of a weakness but I know that as you submit yourself to God and do His Will then he will show you your weaknesses and he will bring to pass trials in your life. Satan can not control you if you didn't know God controls Satan he will only let him do so much weird to think that way but it is true and and amazing realization that God does not give unto man anything that we can not do if we submit ourselves and do His Will. He also shared a story about two missionaries that were at the MTC together long ago that had two completely different learning styles like me and my companion. And he said that one came in with no language under his belt and the other was gifted to be able to learn a language. The one companion with the gift decided that he would not speak the language until he could speak it perfect and the other spoke as much as he could even if it was bad and guess who spoke better when the came out of the MTC? Missionary two because he was always speaking the language no matter what that is how I feel I must do I love all of you so much and can not wait to hear from you next week or just Dear Elder me.

I love you ALL!

Elder Marse

P.S. I made a hammock in my bedroom with a extra bunk bed. Guess you can't take that aspect out of my life. Hammocks for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment